The Friends of the Library receives its funding from two primary sources: annual Memberships and Book Sale revenues. The Friends of the Library is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, so your membership contribution and any other donations are tax-deductible.
Benefits to Members:
- Invitations to library programs (by e-mail)
- Voting privileges at the annual membership meeting
- Satisfaction from helping to build a stronger library for all citizens of Ashland
Benefits to the Library:
- The purchase of equipment, furniture and materials on the Library’s wish list
- Educational and cultural programs for the community
- Financial support for the Summer Reading Program, Teen Movie Nights and other Library-centered activities for children and teens
- Promotion of the Library through the July 4th Book Sale, Train Day and other major events
To become a Member, simply stop by the Library Circulation Desk and request a form, or download and print a Membership brochure. You can drop off your Membership Form at the Circulation Desk of the Ashland Library or mail it to:
The Friends of the Ashland Library
Richard S. Gillis, Jr., Ashland Branch Library
201 S. Railroad Avenue
Ashland, VA 23005
Read about more Ways You Can Help support the Friends of the Library and the Ashland Library by contributing your time and energy to the Friends.