The Friends of the Ashland Library receives its funding from two primary sources: Memberships and Book Sale revenues. The Friends of the Ashland Library is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, so your membership contribution and any other donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
Benefits to Members:
- Opportunities to participate in Friends events and initiatives
- Voting privileges at the annual membership meeting
- Satisfaction from helping to build a stronger library for all citizens of Ashland and the surrounding communities
Benefits to the Library:
- The purchase of equipment, furniture and materials on the Library’s wish list
- Educational and cultural programs for the community
- Financial support for the Summer Reading Program, Teen Programs and other Library-centered activities for children and teens
- Promotion of the Library through the July 4th Book Sale, Train Day and other major events
To become a Member, simply stop by the Library and pick up a Membership brochure. Or, download and print the Membership Form here. You can drop off your Membership Form and your contribution at the Circulation Desk of the Ashland Library or mail it to:
The Friends of the Ashland Library
Richard S. Gillis, Jr., Ashland Branch Library
201 S. Railroad Avenue
Ashland, VA 23005
Read about more Ways You Can Help support the Friends of the Ashland Library and the Ashland Library by contributing your time and energy to the Friends.